Trading on Anticipated Future Wealth: Homes & CitiesPosted on April 9th, 2015
A recent article in The Boston Globe highlights the issues Bostonians are considering related to purchasing homes in affluent areas. The piece recites a financial-planning principle: "A bit of perspective: In many parts of the country, the rule of thumb is that housing costs should occupy a third of one's income. Here, that standard frequently doesn't apply." Because of rising real estate prices and a desire to keep up with the Joneses, many...
How come I am not wealthy?Posted on March 31st, 2015
In the introduction to The Millionaire Next Door, a question is asked in the voice of the reader: How come I am not wealthy? The authors state: ...
Thomas J. Stanley, Father & MentorPosted on March 24th, 2015
Dear Readers,Thomas J. Stanley, my father and mentor, passed away after a tragic car accident on February 28th, 2015. At the time of his death, we were working together on multiple projects, including two new books, Data Points, and a line of research examining life experiences and wealth accumulation.Our family takes great comfort from the kind messages and comments that reveal the positive and lasting influence my father's work had on people's lives. In the wake of his passing, several journalists have provided unique and thoughtful commentary on how he redefined what...
Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. 1944-2015Posted on March 3rd, 2015
Marietta, GA 30060; Terry College of Business, Marketing Department The University of Georgia278 Brooks Hall
Critics Are Needed to Build Your ResolvePosted on February 24th, 2015
Harry owns a Jeep dealership. Recently his 14 year old son told him that "some of the kids at school are teasing me over the headline in USA Today: Jeep tops 'Consumer Reports' list of worst car values. Earlier USA Today published Consumer Reports' "predicted liability by brand." Jeep ranked 27 of 28 makes. How should Harry respond to his son's concerns? He should think of it as a great opportunity to teach his son about the realities of life, especially success. According to Automotive News there were 692,348 Jeeps sold in America in 2014. That's up from...
Most Recent Posts:
- Trading on Anticipated Future Wealth: Homes & Cities 04/09/15
- How come I am not wealthy? 03/31/15
- Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor 03/24/15
- Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. 1944-2015 03/03/15
- Critics Are Needed to Build Your Resolve 02/24/15
Most Recent Comments:
- Danielle on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Mike on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Joseph on Trading on Anticipated Future Wealth: Homes & Cities
- Graham Clouston on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Jeremy on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Gregory S Carll, CPA on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Paul on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Mitch on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- William Grebenik on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- John on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor