Wealth Means Independence, Self Determination and Control of One's LifePosted on October 21st, 2014
Here is an extraction from a review of The Millionaire Next Door. The writer [Mr. M] clearly understands the benefits of being wealthy. My wife and I are self-made millionaires, and we followed the principles outlined in this book.Wealth means independence, self determination, and control of one's life. In the review Mr. M respond[ed] to one of the negative reviews of the book: "What's the point of becoming a millionaire if you have to live within your means, if you can't live lavishly?" Here's my answer: ...
Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?Posted on October 14th, 2014
A recent email from John, a millionaire next door from Texas, reads as follows:I have given your book [The Millionaire Next Door] to three high school honor graduates in the last couple of years. I also gave them a check for $500. I told them I would give them ANOTHER $500 when I received a 2 page single spaced report on the book and how it might (or might not) be useful to them. These kids are lower middle class without a lot of extra money. NONE of them even TRIED to claim the extra money. HMMMMM. . . .Contrast this case...
8 Key Elements of the Economic Success EquationPosted on October 7th, 2014
Contrary to what is often touted in the media, there are more great affluent opportunities in our economy today than ever in our nation's history. But in order to take advantage of these, it is important to appreciate the 8 key elements of the economic success equation as given in my book, The Millionaire Mind:1. Understand the key success factors our economy continues and will continue to reward: hard work, integrity, and focus.2. Never allow a lackluster academic record to stand in the way of becoming economically productive.3. Have the courage to take some financial risk. And learn how to overcome defeat.4. ...
Apply the Millionaire Mind to a Niche Market EnvironmentPosted on September 30th, 2014
On the front cover of the October 2014 issue of Road and Track is a picture of a 2014 red Ferrari 458 Speciale blasting along a mountain highway. The folks from Road and Track thought it would be interesting for this superfast Ferrari to challenge "the dragon king" (Davis) who "discreetly rules Tennessee's route 129 - the deadly two lane road known as the tail of the dragon." This section of 129 is approximately 9 miles long with more than 300 tortuous turns. Davis holds the record for covering the 9 miles in approximately 10 minutes. Certainly the Ferrari which can cover a quarter of a...
Talented People Are Attracted to Those with Great IntegrityPosted on September 23rd, 2014
Once again the importance of the integrity factor in explaining socioeconomic success was highlighted in a recent New York Times profile of Eileen Ford, the founder of the famous Ford Modeling Agency.Ford Models became "the top agency in the world." Yet Mrs. Ford often was credited with saying that she had no talent but that she excelled in identifying those who possessed a lot of it. Many of America's great leaders were never selected for the talented and gifted programs in school or honors programs in college. And most never scored big on SATs, GMATs, GRE, etc. But most of them had vision...
Most Recent Posts:
- Wealth Means Independence, Self Determination and Control of One's Life 10/21/14
- Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500? 10/14/14
- 8 Key Elements of the Economic Success Equation 10/07/14
- Apply the Millionaire Mind to a Niche Market Environment 09/30/14
- Talented People Are Attracted to Those with Great Integrity 09/23/14
Most Recent Comments:
- JP on Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?
- Scott on America: Where Millionaires are Self Made
- Darrell on Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?
- Glen on Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?
- Donnie Iris on Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?
- Jerry K. on Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?
- Mary Jo Lawless on Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?
- Bruce on Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?
- Chad Rucker on Would you read The Millionaire Next Door for $500?
- Kate on Pastor and His Wife, A Teacher: On Building Character and Wealth