Continuing the Journey: Data PointsPosted on April 21st, 2015
One of the projects my father and I were working on before his death was a new company called Data Points. Based on his research and data, I created a company to provide financial institutions and individuals a way to determine individual wealth potential using assessments and reporting. My father was my chief advisor and mentor. I have sought the input of other experts, too: those with...
Trading on Anticipated Future Wealth: Homes & CitiesPosted on April 9th, 2015
A recent article in The Boston Globe highlights the issues Bostonians are considering related to purchasing homes in affluent areas. The piece recites a financial-planning principle: "A bit of perspective: In many parts of the country, the rule of thumb is that housing costs should occupy a third of one's income. Here, that standard frequently doesn't apply." Because of rising real estate prices and a desire to keep up with the Joneses, many...
How come I am not wealthy?Posted on March 31st, 2015
In the introduction to The Millionaire Next Door, a question is asked in the voice of the reader: How come I am not wealthy? The authors state: ...
Thomas J. Stanley, Father & MentorPosted on March 24th, 2015
Dear Readers,Thomas J. Stanley, my father and mentor, passed away after a tragic car accident on February 28th, 2015. At the time of his death, we were working together on multiple projects, including two new books, Data Points, and a line of research examining life experiences and wealth accumulation.Our family takes great comfort from the kind messages and comments that reveal the positive and lasting influence my father's work had on people's lives. In the wake of his passing, several journalists have provided unique and thoughtful commentary on how he redefined what...
Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. 1944-2015Posted on March 3rd, 2015
Marietta, GA 30060; Terry College of Business, Marketing Department The University of Georgia278 Brooks Hall
Most Recent Posts:
- Continuing the Journey: Data Points 04/21/15
- Trading on Anticipated Future Wealth: Homes & Cities 04/09/15
- How come I am not wealthy? 03/31/15
- Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor 03/24/15
- Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. 1944-2015 03/03/15
Most Recent Comments:
- Donnie Iris on Continuing the Journey: Data Points
- Jeremy Kersten on Continuing the Journey: Data Points
- Brian on Continuing the Journey: Data Points
- Danielle on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Mike on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Joseph on Trading on Anticipated Future Wealth: Homes & Cities
- Graham Clouston on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Jeremy on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Gregory S Carll, CPA on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor
- Paul on Thomas J. Stanley, Father & Mentor