Critics Necessary to Weed Out Those Who Lack Courage and ResolvePosted on March 4th, 2014
Roy is about to transition from being an employee to a self employed business owner. He has many of the characteristics which are important for succeeding in business. He is very knowledgeable in his field, he is well-disciplined, he has excellent work habits, and he has a stellar credit rating. He and his family live well below their means. Yet I have to wonder if Ray's proposed business venture will ever get off the ground.Roy's enthusiasm has dampened since all three of his applications for business loans have been turned down. He has difficulty with those who criticize his business proposal. He...
Socioeconomic Mobility on the Wane? Au Contraire!Posted on February 25th, 2014
In The Millionaire Mind I wrote:. . . key success factors our economy continues to recognize and will continue to reward: hard work, integrity. . . .It seems that at least once a week during the last ten years, I have read published news stories and editorials claiming that economic opportunity in America is rapidly declining. There are several reasons why critics propose that socioeconomic mobility is on the wane. Some look at data that only supports their hypothesis; others have a purely political agenda. And some are blatantly guilty of not understanding the basic tenets of mathematical statistics.Recently several imminent scholars...
Dress for Success; Shop at Wal-Mart!Posted on February 18th, 2014
Last month a picture of Jim Harbaugh, coach of the San Francisco 49ers, appeared in USA Today. But the picture was not taken on a football field. Coach Harbaugh was standing in front of a rack of blue jeans and khaki pants in a Wal-Mart store. In his hands he was holding packages of underwear and khakis. Immediately following the revelation that this coach patronizes Wal-Mart for selected apparel, sports talk shows throughout America had much to say on the subject. Comments from both professional broadcasters and callers ranged from incredulous to critical. "Why would a multimillion dollar producing coach purchase his khaki...
The Spirit of Valentine's Day All Year LongPosted on February 11th, 2014
My research over the past three decades indicates that one's home environment has much to do with the overall success of people whether in terms of accumulating wealth, being a leader, building one's own business, or even overcoming great adversity. As just one example, of the 944 millionaires surveyed nationally for Stop Acting Rich, those who indicated that they agreed with the statement "I was raised in an atmosphere filled with love and harmony" outnumbered those who disagreed by a ratio of better than 4 to 1.In the last blog I mentioned the top fighter ace in the history of...
Winners Are Not Discouraged by Impediments, Disabilities or Early FailuresPosted on February 4th, 2014
In an earlier blog I profiled Malcolm who spoke with a severe stutter. After graduating from college, he searched for a job in sales. Malcolm's first 18 interviews resulted in 18 rejection letters; yet he was not discouraged. His mother told him to view each rejection as one step closer to finding a job which he eventually did. He excelled at sales. Later he was made a sales manager and then senior vice president. Malcolm's story is just one of many that illustrate how successful...
Most Recent Posts:
- Critics Necessary to Weed Out Those Who Lack Courage and Resolve 03/04/14
- Socioeconomic Mobility on the Wane? Au Contraire! 02/25/14
- Dress for Success; Shop at Wal-Mart! 02/18/14
- The Spirit of Valentine's Day All Year Long 02/11/14
- Winners Are Not Discouraged by Impediments, Disabilities or Early Failures 02/04/14
Most Recent Comments:
- Dave on Critics Necessary to Weed Out Those Who Lack Courage and Resolve
- Rudy O'Callahan on Critics Necessary to Weed Out Those Who Lack Courage and Resolve
- John on Critics Necessary to Weed Out Those Who Lack Courage and Resolve
- Rich on Socioeconomic Mobility on the Wane? Au Contraire!
- Tracy VanTryon on Socioeconomic Mobility on the Wane? Au Contraire!
- K D on Dress for Success; Shop at Wal-Mart!
- Diego Montebello on Dress for Success; Shop at Wal-Mart!
- Parkey Thompson on Dress for Success; Shop at Wal-Mart!
- saverspender on Dress for Success; Shop at Wal-Mart!
- TN Mark on CPA: The Millionaire Next Door's #1 Advisor